Suhail Mohd Al Zarooni, Chairman Al Zarooni Foundation attended the session of Provincial Assembly of the Sindh on the Special Invitation of H.E. Mr.Agha Siraj Khan Durani , Speaker , Provisional assembly of Sindh.
The Constitution of 1973 is federal in nature, therefore, a constitutional division of power between the central government and the provincial governments. The Provincial Assembly of Sindh has provincial autonomy and consists of a unicameral legislature, which means consisting of a single chamber, as a legislative assembly. Members are elected for a term of five years.
The two-storey building of the Sindh Assembly consists of the camp office of the Chief Minister, offices of the Speaker, Deputy Speaker, ministers, Leader of the Opposition, Secretariat, Law Department of the Government of Sindh, and Library.
The foundation stone of the building was laid by Sir Lancelot Graham, the Governor of Sindh, on 11 March 1940. The construction of the building – declared open by Sir Hugh Dow, the Governor of Sindh, on 4 March 1942 – was completed within a span of two years.
In 1971, after a lapse of about 24 years, it was again declared as the Sindh Assembly building. Since then it has been used as such. Presently, the central portion of the building, the Assembly Hall, seats a capacity of 168 Legislators.